28 July 2009

Seti 5 million credits

I hit 5 million credits for Seti tonight. Here is my certificate. I thought i'd use a different one to normal as it has an aerial picture of the Arecibo radio telescope.




GPUgrid woes
Since the nvidia 190.38 driver came out last week, GPUgrid work has been failing on the GTX260's in Maul for all work units. The GTS250's in 4 of the quaddies work fine. This points to an incompatibility with the G200 based cards, which are the high-performance ones.

While its possible to go back to an older driver, Seti positively screams along now with GPU work units taking as little as 2 minutes when using the cuda 2.3 DLL's. If I downgrade I can't use cuda 2.3 and lose all that speed. I am hoping that the GPUgrid cuda 2.2 app, due later this week, will work properly with the current drivers. In the mean time Maul is concentrating on Einstein and Seti work.

Sale time
As mentioned in my last post Yoda is up for sale. You can see it on eBay here: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=300333014651

Its my intention to also decommission all the other quaddies and sell them off too. This is mainly because of needing the space for the new i7's and also because of the amount of power needed to drive them. The energy bills have gone up 20% since the 1st of July due to price increases.

No comments: