08 August 2013

7th of August

Farm news
I did some rearranging of the network on the weekend. Unfortunately it went wrong and I was without internet connectivity for a couple of days. Well a couple of machines could connect, just not all of them. I think I have things working again, but it will take a couple of days to confirm as the slower machines finish off work.

I should be picking up another i7 on the weekend which will join the Intel-GPU cluster once set up.


Android BOINC
As I mentioned last week various projects are supporting the Android platform. That has generated a lot of messages on the various project message boards about their problems. Personally I have no plans to use an Android based phone or tablet for number crunching as I don't consider them suitable.


Seti Wow! Event Challenge
SETI.Germany is organizing a challenge to celebrate and honour the 36th Anniversary of the Wow! Signal detection.


The challenge will run from 16:00 UTC on the 15th of August to 16:00 UTC on the 29th of August. If you are interested see the SETI.Germany web site HERE

No comments: