22 December 2013

22nd of December

Farm news
We're still off all this week.
 
I got around to replacing the couple of switches below as I have used all the ports and they don't make these stackable ones any more. So we went from these two 8 port switches
 
 
 
To this 24 port switch. It looks messier because of the cabling but its actually one less than before. I need to tie them off and re-route the power cable but its working at the moment. One advantage of this switch (apart from the extra ports) is its rack mountable.



While I was at it the router also died. Maybe as a result of swapping out the two switches although it should make no difference. I ended up buying a new one. They only seem to last a couple of years. I had to spend a bit of time configuring things to get it working.

No comments: