18 December 2016

18th of December

Farm Status
Intel GPU's
Finishing off a burst of Einstein gravity wave work

Nvidia GPUs
Two running Seti work

Raspberry Pis
Running Einstein BRP4 work


Other news
The two GTX1060's I ordered arrived. Unfortunately they don't have DVI-I output so I can't use my normal DVI to VGA adaptors. I bought a pair of Display Port to VGA adaptors from my usual PC shop. They turned out to have a mini-Display Port plug and the graphics cards have full-sized display port sockets. I've ordered a couple of adaptors off eBay while I take the other ones back to the shop for a refund.

AMD gave an update on the Zen CPU which is now being called a Ryzen (pronounced Rye-Zen). There are expecting to release them in Q1 2017.

I have also ordered a bunch of Cat5e network cables for the Pi cluster. I will add the Pi2's which are gathering dust, into the Pi cluster. They seem happy to run even when its 38 degrees.

No comments: